In order to benefit from legislative and tax benefits, the issuer must be an Italian SME. The issuing process may seem complicated, but the path is very similar to normal bank financing requests. In addition to this, many technical and legal aspects as well as the management of the transaction are followed by the Sponsor or by specialized entities assisting the investors themselves (e.g. legal and tax firms, rating agencies, etc.). The main steps of the issuing process are the following:
- Drafting of the Business Plan;
- Drafting of the offer document (Prospectus);
- Rating assignment from a certified agency;
- Definition of the issuing terms and conditions (coupon, duration, etc.);
- Meetings with the investors;
- Bond issuance.